Boise Idaho New Home Neighborhood Search
Searching for a new house in Boise? There are a few things to consider when purchasing new construction.
1. We have all heard the phrase “location, location, location.” It is important that you pick a location that works for you. While you might be able to change other things about the home you cannot do anything about where it is located. For instance, many times a real estate agent may know about a road that might be widened in the future or a future development that will go in close to a home or building lot you are considering. Having someone help provide all the facts is crucial to avoiding future surprises.
2. If you are starting from scratch with a builder you can generally pick the finishes, colors, change a floor plan, etc. to fit your family’s needs. Don’t be afraid to ask for help if all of the choices seem overwhelming.
3. Thinking about what types of single use rooms (such as a gym, office, theatre, etc.) you might require can help make the floor plan as functional as possible for you and your family.
4. Single level or two story? While those stairs may not seem like a big deal now, will they be in the future? Will you be having older extended family move in somewhere down the road? If so, will the stairs be an issue?
5. Energy efficiency is easy to incorporate in a build job from the start. Make sure you know the options for extra insulation, upgraded windows, high efficiency furnaces, etc.
6. If doing a build job, find out what landscaping is included with the build job. If the construction is already done, is there enough landscaping for you? Having extra trees and bushes or a fence installed prior to buying the home can save the hassle later.
7. The builder’s reputation is paramount. Having someone who will build a quality home in Boise, as well as be around to fix any warranty issues, if critical.
New Home Search By Boise Idaho Neighborhood
Southwest Boise (Meridian District)
If you would like additional information regarding any of these Boise neighborhoods, homes or builders in the area please contact me. If you would like to search for additional MLS listings in Boise or the surrounding areas click here.